Update, December 5, 2014 - Sorry, this class is now full, pending payments. Send me a note if you would like to be included on the waiting list for the class if a spot opens up :) I am also considering offering another one in the spring. If you would like to be on the mailing list to receive this information first, please sign up on the contact page!
- Frustrated when you can't get a photo to look how you envisioned it in your mind - blurry, out of focus, strange color casts, too dark, etc?
- Feel stuck on "Auto" mode?
- Do words like aperture, f-stop, shutter speed, exposure, bokeh and ISO sound like another language to you?
- Wonder what is the best lens to buy and how to get a blurry background/sharp subject?
- Maybe you have a Pinterest board full of exposure diagrams, but you still just need someone to explain it in simple language, answer your questions and show you how...
This class is for you! We will cover the basics of your camera and its functions, the fundamentals of proper exposure (getting just the right amount of light into your picture) - aperture, shutter speed and ISO; shooting in manual mode; composing images; basic lighting, along with many other tips and tricks!
Classes will be composed of teaching and time to practically apply what you have learned. They are spread over three weeks so that you also have time to practice concepts taught in class during the week and return with any thoughts or questions. Class size is limited to 6 people to allow for hands-on teaching in a small group setting.
If you would like to register or have any questions, please send me a message. Cost of the class is $110 and needs to be paid in full within two weeks of registration to secure your slot. Please bring your DSLR camera and manual with you (not a point-and-shoot camera, sorry! Camera must have a removable lens and the ability to shoot in manual mode). Located in Austin, Manitoba. Snacks will be provided :)